Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#8907 by archplus
Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:37 pm
Our office is working as a consultant to a firm that works exclusively in AutoCAD, and we need to duplicate their titleblock in datacad so our drawings read the same. I've been able to mirror any lineweights, linetypes, etc. but have not found a similar font in Datacad. They use a helvetica based font called X-HLVL1S.SHX, and our Helvetica fonts do not look right. I've been doing some research, and have been able to convert their font to a .SHP file. I can't, however, seem to make the SHP2CHR.exe program (that comes with Datacad) convert the .SHP file into a Datacad friendly .CHR font file. I've tried dragging the file into the program window, dragging the file onto executable file icon, and even manually typed in the file path in the program window. I haven't worked in true .DOS format for many years, so I'm lost on this program. If anyone has this font as a .CHR file, that would be very helpful, but it would be even more helpful if someone could let me know how to use this program so I can convert some fonts in the future.
Thanks everyone for your help,
-Steve
#8925 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:24 pm
Steve -

If I remember right you have to run this in a DOS window, and the SHP file needs to be in the same directory as the executable.

If you want to e-mail me the font I'll convert it and send it back. E-mail it to: athendry@netzero.net.