Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#8979 by mikesmith
Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:48 pm
DBUG MEETING
============

WHEN:
Wednesday, January 18, 2006

WHERE:
Signature Architects, Inc.
150 Coolidge Road, Suite 250
Berlin, MA 01503
P: (978) 562-1661
mike@signaturearchitects.com

HOSTS:
Michael Smith, Brian Howland, Stephen Preble
Neil Blanchard, Tina Fancher

AGENDA
======
6:00 Pizza / Reception we've doubled our office space since last year, so no overcrowding!

6:15 Welcome, Introduction, General Announcements

6:30 Basic DCAD Topic: Selection options: Both the old and the new methods for Masking and Selection Sets. Match. Clipboard Select. Group.

7:00 Knoppix (Linux OS): Even if you don't know or don't care about the Linux operating system (I don't) this is a great free, downloadable, bootable CD product that gives you new ways to work with your computer when Windows crashes or has other problems that keep you from working in Windows.

7:30 BREAK: Time to grab some refreshments, network with colleagues, and share some tips and tricks.

7:45 AEC CAD Exchange: see the preview of the coming new web site by Mike Smith to foster the free exchange of peer to peer AEC details and information. We hope it will become the "Graphic Standards" of the web, including an online forum for various AEC topics, and all for free. Your participation and input will help fine tune the site.

8:15 Advanced DCAD Topics:- Useful Things to Know:
- "Purge" (whatever happened to LyrUtil?)
- "Nesting" in XREFs
- "Google Earth" and DataCAD
- Working with angled plans in DataCAD

Directions:
==========
We are located in a two-story office building on the Berlin/Hudson town line, at the intersection of I-495 and Rt. 62, just minutes from Rt 3, Rt 2, I-290 and I-90. The office is very easy to get to, with ample parking.

From Points North:
Take I-495 South to Exit 26 (Rt. 62). At the bottom of the ramp take a RIGHT onto Rt. 62 East. After passing under I-495 you will pass Gates Pond Road. Directly after that road is our office, on the right (2-story, brick and clapboard).

Go to the farthest set of glass doors (Entrance #3), at the south east corner of the building, and go upstairs.

From Points South:
Take I-495 North to Exit 26 (Rt. 62). At the bottom of the ramp take a RIGHT onto Rt. 62 East. You will immediately pass Gates Pond Road. Directly after that road is our office, on the right (2-story, brick and clapboard).

Go to the farthest set of glass doors (Entrance #3), at the south east corner of the building, and go upstairs.