Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#9157 by Jim Allen
Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:01 pm
I've been using a keyboard shortcut to get to my dhoffset macro for years. Now it won't work on my home computer, and I'm sure it's the same mcr file I use at work. The code in the dcadwin.mcr file is: G^;^S9^dhOffset$^S5

What happens is that the window for the macros opens and there is an X in the file name window.

It is supposed to open dhoffset and ask for the distance to offset. The file could be different at work, but I think this should work. If someone sees something wrong with that, please let me know.

TIA,

Jim Allen
#9163 by devinder
Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:58 pm
Make sure Macro path is set correctly. If the last path is set to 'C:\Macros\' then file located in 'c:\program files\datacad\macros' (the default folder) will not load. Use absolute path in the keyboard shortcut string.
Also the macro will not load if it is currently being used by any other drawing.

The "X" is a result of "S5" keystroke when a macro is not loaded as key commands gets translated to a filename. The keyboard buffer is not cleared when the macro is not available.

Hope this helps.