Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#867 by northArrow
Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:33 pm
I was just wondering if there is a way to import TrueType fonts into DataCad? Specifically, the font types used in AutoCad and Microsoft programs. I'm working on the renovation of a historical theatre and would like to use the "Broadway" font on a custom sign.
#869 by Tony Blasio
Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:39 pm
If you are using DataCAD 9 (or is it 10 that introduced TTF's) or newer you should be able to simply install the TTF in Control Panel and use it in DataCAD just like any CHR Font.

If you are using an earlier version of DataCAD my only advice would be to upgrade unless there is a program or way to convert TTF's to CHR fonts.
#871 by northArrow
Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:47 pm
I'm currently running from version 11, so that isn't the problem. The problem I'm having is that I've already installed this font in the control panel's fonts folder, but I still cannot select "Broadway" as a font in DataCad. I have no problem using it in other programs :(
#873 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
You will need to restart the system if you just installed it, and also verify if it exists in the C:\windows\Fonts\ folder. Also are you looking in the Font... menu under text? Let us know!
#879 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:11 pm
northArrow wrote:I'm currently running from version 11, so that isn't the problem. The problem I'm having is that I've already installed this font in the control panel's fonts folder, but I still cannot select "Broadway" as a font in DataCad. I have no problem using it in other programs :(

DataCAD only supports TrueType Fonts. You cannot use Adobe Type 1 fonts or other non-TTF fonts.