Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#1414 by Bev
Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:09 pm
We're drawing an apartment building, and taking advantage of the X-clips for unit plans (from the floor plans). I created 3 sheets for 14 unit plans. Our electrical engineer (on Auto CAD) asked for .dwg's of those sheets, and I have not found a way to do that. Is there a way? Or do they need to create them on their own? If anyone could shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Bev
#1428 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:36 pm
Hello Bev:

If they are self-XRef's, then there is no chance that this will translate -- AutoCAD does not support these. :P

OTOH, while the XRef's will export (if you have that option selected), the MSP sheets will not export to ACAD. (I can't remember if the X-Clips make it through, and IntelliCAD that I have to test it with -- doesn't "get" the X-Clip Cubes.)

The only way to get the whole bit over to a DWG is to bind the XRef, trim off/erase the parts you are not using, enlarge a border to fit -- and export it as a "dumb" sheet...