Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#1543 by Wally
Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:54 pm
I know that I found a revision to the offset command but can not seem to find it again. I want to be able to select offset and not have the dynamic toggled on. I am only interested in the perp. distance. I have to select dynamic and toggle it off each time I want to change the offset distance. Can someone help with this?

Thanks
#1544 by MtnArch
Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:03 pm
Wally wrote:I know that I found a revision to the offset command but can not seem to find it again. I want to be able to select offset and not have the dynamic toggled on. I am only interested in the perp. distance. I have to select dynamic and toggle it off each time I want to change the offset distance. Can someone help with this?

Thanks

Hi, Wally -

Open your Dcadwin.mcr file (I usually use Notepad) and replace your keyboard macro with this (mine is Alt-G, so change the "G" at the beginning with your Alt-key combination):
G^Ä^:^F6^F3^F2^
//offset distance

Save the file and re-start Dcad - this should take care of it!

Oh, and yes - a contractor can be right ... as long as they are agreeing with the architect!!! :wink:
#1548 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:02 am
Hello Wally:

Here's Alt-O (geddit?) keyboard macro:

O^Ä^20#^F3^F2^F2

This takes you straight to entering the offset distance.

If you do it with mouse clicks on the menu, after you have Perp. Dist. on, you can either use the current (previous) distance, or just click New Distance (F8) and choose a different distance.