In this example, we will create a custom plot scale of 1:30. This scale may also be used to view the drawing.
- Select Settings from the Utility menu, then choose Edit Defs.
- Pick Scales then Change. Choose a scale that you are not using, such as 1:1000.
- DataCAD will prompt you to "Enter new string for this scale." Type the value that you would like to appear on the button, 1:30, and hit [Enter].
- DataCAD will prompt you to "Enter new scaling value for this scale." If you know the decimal value for the scale, you can type it and hit [Enter]. If you do not know the decimal value, continue to the next step.
- Type the formula (starting with an [=] sign) that DataCAD will use to determine the decimal value, in this example =1/30/12, and hit [Enter] to solve the formula ( 0.002777778 ), then [Enter] again to accept the value.
- The process is complete, so you may now right click out of the menu.