Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2358 by rdberry
Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:14 am
I am using dcad V10.5 and on a network. When one (actually all of the computers except mine) of the computers pulls up a template file, there are some custom symbols missing on the template file on their computer

I've double checked the paths(\\SERVER\DATACAD\TPL\) and they are the same (however my computer shows the templates but none of the others do. There is just a blank space where the template should be.
Any suggestions?
Please email me direct
TIA
Robert "Butch" Berry
Architect
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
#2363 by MtnArch
Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:55 pm
rdberry wrote:I am using dcad V10.5 and on a network. When one (actually all of the computers except mine) of the computers pulls up a template file, there are some custom symbols missing on the template file on their computer

I've double checked the paths(\\SERVER\DATACAD\TPL\) and they are the same (however my computer shows the templates but none of the others do. There is just a blank space where the template should be.
Any suggestions?
Please email me direct
TIA
Robert "Butch" Berry
Architect
Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Butch -

Just a shot in the dark, but does your computer happen to have all of those custom symbols on YOUR hard drive (and the others don't? Also, have you checked in each of the other computers TPL files to make sure that they have been modified to omit the local references?
#2364 by Philip Hart
Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:28 pm
This sounds like a pathing problem in the template files. When this happens, the symbols appear in the templates of the "creator's" system, but not on other systems. The solution is to:

1. check the location of the custom symbols - they should be in the same network folders as the "visible" symbols.

2. check that the pathing in the template file is consistent - if the original ones show absolute paths, the new ones should, too; if they are relative paths (as shipped) the new ones should be relative, as well.

Hope this helps