Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2383 by Garton
Mon May 02, 2005 10:28 am
I am running DataCAD LT v11.05.02. How do I enter moulding profiles into drawings? For example--crown moulding in rooms and around cabinets or baseboard patterns at the walls. I would like to enter those moulding profiles that are available to builders in my area (Saroyan patterns). Any ideas?
#2385 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 02, 2005 11:29 am
Hello & welcome,

Are you refering to section details, or interior elevations, or something else?

If the profiles are similar to (or the same as) AWI standard profiles, then there are symbols that you can buy from Cheap Tricks Ware -- sorry I don't know the number. Another way to go, is if the company you are refering to has these profiles available online as DWG files, or DXF files, then import them into DataCAD, clean them up (like changing colors, and get them to proper full scale), and save them as symbols.

IHTH
#2386 by joshhuggins
Mon May 02, 2005 11:43 am
You can get the AWI & Brosco moldings from the symbol area on my website. Click the Image button below.