Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2544 by Dick Eades
Mon May 09, 2005 11:25 am
I am looking for 2D views of aircraft for the purpose of planning an FBO. I have already plans of the 727, 737, 757, and dc9 craft which I will need for the sports teams, but need additional models of smaller business jets. Can someone please point me to a good online source?
#2546 by David Porter
Mon May 09, 2005 12:23 pm
I checked out the websites for the "3 biggies" (Lear, Falcon, and Gulfstream; my son-in-law is a corporate pilot for Glaxo so I know a little about these choices) and only came up with Lear having top view and side view drawings of their aircraft (www.bombardier.com). They are in PDF and small but you could probably save them out as JPGs, insert them as bitmaps into DCAD, enlarge them so you can see them, then trace over them quickly. You can check the Lear specs for the actual length of the plane chosen and then enlarge your DCAD traced drawing to come up with the plane's elevation.

None of the big boys seem to make so easy that you can download dwg files of their plane's plans and elevations.
#2568 by WizArtist
Tue May 10, 2005 2:40 pm
You could try one of the Mesh sources, such as TurboSquid.com for actual models you could manipulate. If a scanned image is acceptable, try "Airliners of the World" by Stewart Wilson or " Modern Commercial Aircraft: A Revised and Updated Illustrated Directory of the World's Civil Airliners, Aircraft Technology and Airlines" by Gunter Endres, Gordon Swanborough, William Green, John Mowinski. BOth of these are available through Barnes & Noble ( www.bn.com ) or you might find them used through ( www.addall.com )