Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2582 by Wolfgang2005
Wed May 11, 2005 12:20 pm
I got this file from an Interior Designer in Acrobat Reader and I was wondering if there is anyway I can get it into DataCad 10. If anyone can help that would be great thank you.
#2585 by Neil Blanchard
Wed May 11, 2005 1:48 pm
Hello & welcome,

There are a few ways to go: use Adobe Photoshop, or Adobe Acrobat to make a bitmap, or you can use a program called Universal Document Converter. That link takes you to the thread here on this forum, where Mark Toce mentioned it.

Any of these will produce a bitmap file (BMP or JPG) that you can then insert into DataCAD 10, scale it, and if you need vectors, you will have to trace it, or you might try aa program like Scan2CAD, that will "automatically" convert a bitmap to vectors.

None of these is ideal, and the results might be on the rough side -- can you get a DWG or DXF file from this person, instead?
#2587 by Wolfgang2005
Wed May 11, 2005 3:16 pm
No I can't get a dwg or dxf from them because they did it on some windows program I am not sure which one though, but I will try this first thank you very much.