Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2607 by bdsixty9
Thu May 12, 2005 2:11 pm
Hi there, I've recently imported text from a .DWG. In doing so the text got all out of allignment. ie:

&____AND
L___ANGLE
@______AT
#_____POUND OR NUMBER

(pretend the _____ are blank spaces!!)

Know what I mean?? Each line is a seperate sentance, or one entity, which is alligned by the left edge. I want both columns to be aligned whithout having to go in and erase 1, 2 or even add 2, 3 or 4 spaces on each line, as there is nearly 300 lines!

Any suggestions on how to explode these sentances into seperate words to allign them?

Thanks,

Brian
#2608 by Neil Blanchard
Thu May 12, 2005 2:32 pm
Hello Brian & welcome,

That is what is called "MText" in ACAD -- and we do not yet have an equivalent in v11. It is multi-line text. The only way to handle it practically would be to "explode" it all in ACAD and get a new DWG and re-import it.

Failing that, it would be less difficult to simply retype it all, IIANM.
#2609 by bdsixty9
Thu May 12, 2005 2:36 pm
Ok...I'll try that one...I guess I should mention I'm using version 10 of Datacad...hopefully Acad 2000 has that utility!

Thanks again

Brian
#2611 by MtnArch
Thu May 12, 2005 3:39 pm
Brian -

I think what's really happening is that the font (.CHR) you are using is a proportional font, and what you want is a fixed-width font. I have had better luck with HLV_TM.CHR to have everything align properly.
#2612 by bdsixty9
Thu May 12, 2005 3:51 pm
Alan, you were bang on there, I tried your font and it worked perfectly.

Hopefully Datacad will create a Macro for the "MTEXT" utility.

Thanks to everyone for the response.
#2613 by joshhuggins
Thu May 12, 2005 6:10 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:...Failing that, it would be less difficult to simply retype it all, IIANM.

IIANM?? What's this one mean?