Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2633 by Scottr
Mon May 16, 2005 10:29 am
The view/toolbar command only lets you view the standard tool bars (Iconbar 1, Iconbar 2 ect.). I have a custom bar I am putting together (a dtb file). How do I get it to display other than as a context toolbar. Is there a dcad.ini command that will allow this?

Thanks
#2634 by joshhuggins
Mon May 16, 2005 10:32 am
Just make sure the dtb file is located in the "Support Files\Toolbars\" folder.
#2635 by Tony Blasio
Mon May 16, 2005 10:32 am
You can access which toolbars display as Icon I & II by going to

Tools, Program Preferences, Interface Tab.

There is an area where you can turn them on or off and select from a drop down what toolbar you want.

Hope this helps.
#2636 by Scottr
Mon May 16, 2005 11:32 am
Thanks for the responces. I did not make my question clear.

I wanted to keep my Icon toolbars I & II as draw and edit plus I want to add an Icon toolbar III and possibly IV. That is why I thought the dcadwin.ini file might be the answer.

Thanks again.
#2638 by joshhuggins
Mon May 16, 2005 11:48 am
Yeah I wish we had the option to view as many toolbars as we want too :!: Also would like to have the ability to have a small master toolbar with icons that would load a icon sets into the other toolbars. Could be real handy.
#2642 by Tony Blasio
Mon May 16, 2005 12:58 pm
Josh,

I really like that idea. A nice little master toolbar that could control the other toolbar. Get's my vote if I have one.
#2644 by Steve Baldwin
Mon May 16, 2005 2:12 pm
Hi all.

We can **sort of** do the master toolbar that loads other toolbars, now.

Create your custom toolbars, keeping the icons/commands that load other toolbars grouped together. ...I have mine in a drop-down. Then add the various toolbar-specific items elsewhere on the toolbar. It will work sort of the way web page links work (unless the site is using frames or other high-tech stuff). When you load a new page (on the same site), you will see the same links even though you are now on a new page. When you load the toolbars, your grouped "other toolbars" will be in the same place on all of them, even though you are actually looking at a different toolbar altogether. Right now, I currently have only two (a "2d-1" and a "3d-1") that I alternate between. ...I actually have a couple others ready to add info to, that are currently just blank.

(Note: I still need to re-do a few of my 3d icons.)
#2647 by Tony Blasio
Mon May 16, 2005 2:31 pm
Steve,

We have always been able to change toolbar 1 from within toolbar 1 the way you describe. What Josh and I are asking for or wishing is that an icon on toolbar 1 could change the toolbar on toolbar 2. So toolbar 1 never changes and always stays the same.

Is that any clearer? Josh I thik we need one of your virtual screenshots.
#2648 by Steve Baldwin
Mon May 16, 2005 2:43 pm
Hi all.

Speaking of custom toolbars, here is something that I did here in the office to try to make things easier between various users and their personal preferences...

Since there are some personal preference items that stick with the file, instead of sticking with the computer as they should (in my opinion), such as using Relative Cartesian, Relative Polar, etc., or preferred scroll distances, etc., I created a drop-down for everyone in the office that would more quickly set these to each person's preferences. I could have simply did a single icon that would fix everything, but since some of these items are simply on/off toggles, I did not know how to get around that, in the case that one of the on/off items started out correct, in which the toggle then would make it wrong. My solution was to just have a list of each item to change, go down the list and click on either all of them or individual ones as needed, and in the case of the "Object Snaps", to just have a quicker means to call up the menu.

#2650 by Philip Hart
Mon May 16, 2005 2:49 pm
I think that the simplest way to build a "master" toolbar that accesses other toolbars is to utilize the DropDown feature (vXI only). It is described in the "What's new in DataCAD 11/" document and also in DataCAD's Help (do a search for "dropdown." When you use this, you can have a very compact toolbar that accesses tons of subsections. Here's a section of my custom toolbar that I use for some common Clip Cube functions. On the "master" toolbar, clicking on my clipcube button opens a dropdown with three options:

[CLIPCUBE]
DropDownCount=3
Hint=ClipCube menu options
Icon=CLPCUB_S

Hint00=Clip Cube Menu
Icon00=CLPCUB_S
L00=72

Hint01=Clip Cube ON
Icon01=4CUBON
A01=^Õ^

Hint02=Clip Cube OFF
Icon02=4CUBOFF
A02=^Ö^

Hope this helps.
#2651 by Steve Baldwin
Mon May 16, 2005 2:57 pm
Tony Blasio wrote:Is that any clearer?

Sure. It always was clear. That is why I said "we can **sort of**" do this now. We can have common items at the first of all toolbars so that it would work as if it were a master toolbar with other toolbar specific items loading in behind.

I guess to be clearer in what I am saying, we can "sort of" get to the same final result, now, which is to have a way to easily be able to change toolbars with *master* items as part of the system. Sure, we do not yet have a way to control other toolbars from one master. ...And of course I do realize that it would always be **one** toolbar, therefore you couldn't dock your "master" one somewhere else on your screen.

...Again, "sort of".
#2654 by joshhuggins
Mon May 16, 2005 4:11 pm
Sorry Tony, I've got deadlines chasing me for the next few months, so no play time for me to make pretty pics :(

But to add to Steve's toolbars setting for different users preferences, we use the single icon method. I'm not sure which options we were not able to get to work in the code, but there was only two that we could not get to work as we wanted. Here's mine. A few of the discriptions below look to be a bit off from a older version, but you get the idea. Sorry for the long string making the thread all wacky.

Code: Select all[User]
Hint=Set User Preferences
Icon=NH-Moon
A=^º^¾^Ä^Í^Ï^Ö^×^Þ^à^ò^:^F9^F3^:^F0^F2^F1^:^F0^F3^F1^:^F0^F5^10^$^:^F0^F6^999^$^:^F0^F7^20^$^:^F0^F9^30^$^
:^S1^F5^F1^S9^0.1^$^0.1^$^F2^S9^0^$^0^$^F3^S9^0^$^0^$^
:^S1^F0^8^$^:^S1^S1^0^$^:^S2^S2^0^$^S3^S0^S4^0^$^S5^8^$^S6^F2^S0^
:^S3^S1^F2^F3^F4^4^$^F5^F6^F7^S4^10^$^;^

***What is set***
º = Walls off
¾ = Symbol Explode On
Ä = Offset Dynamic Off
Í = And Copy Off
Ï = Snap Aperture Off
Ö = Clip Cubes Off
× = Layer Search On
Þ = Associatve Hatch On
à = Associative Dimension On
ò = AllCaps Off
^:^F9^F3^ = Freehand Polylines
^:^F0^F2^F1^ = Scale Type Architectural
^:^F0^F3^F1^ = Angle Type Normal
^:^F0^F5^10^$^ = Cusor Search Area Miss Distance 10
^:^F0^F6^999^$^ = Small Grid Display Size 999
^:^F0^F7^20^$^ = Scroll Distance 20
^:^F0^F9^30^$^ = Save Delay 30 Mins
^:^S1^F5^F1^S9^0.1^$^0.1^$^F2^S9^0^$^0^$^F3^S9^0^$^0^$^ = Snap Grid 1"x1" / Grid1 0"x0" / Grid2 0"x0"
^:^S1^F0^8^$^ = Snap Angle 8
^:^S1^S1^0^$^ = Grid Angle 0
***All Under Display Menu With Auto Returns***
^:^S2^S2^0^$^ = Smallest Text to Display 0
^S3^0^$^ = Smallest Text Box Color / No Change
^S4^0^$^ = Smallest Symbol to Display 0
^S5^8^$^ = Arc Factor 8
^S6^F2^S0^ = Active Layer Drawn Last
*** Return to Normal Input***
^:^S3^S1^F2^F3^F4^4^$^F5^F6^F7^S4^10^$^ = Object Snap Settings: End, Mid, No.=4, Center, Quad, Intersect, Snap Miss Distance 10
S6^S2^F1^0.05^$^F2^F1^S0^F3^50^$^F4^1^$^F5^F1^;^ = Arrows; Size=0.05, Style=Open, Aspect=50, Weight=1, Color=White
Don't judge me by my grid snap alone! Image
Last edited by joshhuggins on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
#2656 by Steve Baldwin
Mon May 16, 2005 4:18 pm
...As a side note, as long as we only have the ability to display two custom toolbars at any one time, the system above only needs to use one of those custom toolbars. Personally, I use the second one for a modified "standard" toolbar.
#2664 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon May 16, 2005 7:11 pm
Hello Guys,

You are all very creative and deserve a lot of congratulations.
This is the best on DataCAD. You can do it, if you imagine it.

Thanks Dave, Mark and the Crew.
I'm very happy to be with you all.

Miguel
#2679 by popspace
Tue May 17, 2005 1:03 pm
I may have missed it somewhere but is there any way to edit the standard toolbar?

Richard Pace