Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#2758 by fgehlen
Fri May 20, 2005 10:33 am
Hi everyone,
I work in California, where just about everything requires an Engineer stamp, and I happen to be in a remote area that doesn't have a lot of engineers.
Thanks to the internet I might have my problem solved, I'm working with an engineering firm in Southern Ca., I sent the a dwg. file but only one view, is showing. Should I be sending a seperate file for each view, the plan is a redwood deck..(in my part of Ca any deck over 6' or 10' from finished grade or in 60# snow load has to have an engineered stamp) .
I guess I'm asking what is the best way to send a Datacad Dwg file to an AutoCad user...(the Autocad user I believe has the latest version of auotcad)
Appreciate any help.

Frank Gehlen
#2759 by DBrennfoerder
Fri May 20, 2005 10:39 am
When you have you work as you want it, save, then chose file/export/dwg. You have a choice of all layers or just the "on" layers (makes it easy to omit stuff you have that he doesn't need to see), then choose the version (R-2000, R-14, R-13, or R-12) and let DataCAD create the file to send to him.
#2762 by MtnArch
Fri May 20, 2005 11:39 am
Frank -

Are you using MSP for your views? Or are you saying that you are using GTV's?

If it is GTV's the Acad'r will have to manually set up their sheet views in Acad to turn on and off your layers. If they are up on AC2006 it is done through either "NameView" or via the Layer Manager.

If it's MSP, I don't think it will translate properly (I don't use MSP, so someone else who uses it may want to respond).
#2772 by Nick Pyner
Fri May 20, 2005 8:56 pm
I think your most immediate problem is that you are only sending "on" layers. You can fix this in the menu.

This is almost certainy only part of the problem. There was discussion on this only yesterday in the "How do I?". Try this link

https://www.datacad.com/bbs/viewtopic.ph ... ight=#2714