Ever wanted to know how to perform a specific operation? Ask the experts.
#3144 by fgehlen
Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:06 pm
I have Datacad 10, I use the AEC_Modl (in the plan mode) to insert windows in the ext. walls ( which have been exploded to 3D polygons) . When I do an elevation and use the hidden line removal, any windows that might be located in an exterior wall opposite of the one I'm doing an elevation on, show up in the elevation also. I been having to erase all the windows in the elvation and use Window master to install the windows.
this is fine except when I use O2C the same problem of the windows from the oposite wall are showing up on the elevation also.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cure this problem I'm having.

thanks
Frank Gehlen
#3157 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:27 am
Hello Frank,

I don't know if I fully understand what you mean, but have you tried the clip-cube for the hidden line removal ?
(don't forget, you must activate "Clip Cube" on HLR menu, before 'Begin').

For the o2c engine, you can't use Clip-cube. It don't recognises it.
In DC XI for o2c there is a "partial" selection process that you can do, leaving alone the window that faces that one that you want to see, and you can have a good approach to the images.

Hope this helps.
Miguel
#3171 by REX PEET
Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:36 pm
Good Morning Frank. If you place some internal walls to block the "view" through the windows, you should be ok. Place the walls and then perform the hidden line removal. Have you got the Elevations macro - it saves a lot of time
#3180 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:40 am
Hello Rex,

You have just "solved" the problem to use o2c for Frank's elevations.

If he adds [temporary] internal walls will be able to get his elevations images cleaned up.

Thanks,
Miguel