A collection of training videos for DataCAD.
#70820 by Roger D
Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:32 am
good video. I would suggest that by picking a larger item to match, the drawing would then scale closer to accurate. i.e. instead of matching the 2'-10" dimension, match the 25'-0" dimension would result in the bitmap being more to scale. I have even sometimes gone back and will do a 2nd enlarge to get it even closer.
#70821 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 pm
Roger D wrote:II have even sometimes gone back and will do a 2nd enlarge to get it even closer.
Yeah I usually do verify a few more dimensions too, good tip Roger!
#71786 by artmanvt2000
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:17 am
A couple of additional hints:
1) If the image is to scale and you know the image size, one can calculate the enlargement.
2) If the image is scanned with a large format scanner, one may need to turn off the fixed ratio after inserting the image. Some scanners may distort the scaling in one direction along the x or y axis. If this is the case, turn off fixed ratio, and do a separate enlargement for one of the axis after completing the initial scaling.