A collection of training videos for DataCAD.
#60225 by joshhuggins
Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 am
Great video Mark, this one feature alone has been my reason for upgrading to v.15. It makes keeping the number of xrefs way down and helps keep things orderly.
#60226 by David Porter
Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 pm
Mark, we need you to continue producing these nifty videos. As is typical with our DCAD program, there are always features that Dave and Company add in there that some of us never find but that are very useful and provide drawing management efficiency. The GTV and xRef feature of your first video posted here illustrates that point. I had not known about being able to control the on-off status of layers in an xRef by using GTV. Very cool.

You need to put your Cecil B. Demille hat on more frequently and surprise us by bringing out other sometimes buried tips.
#60233 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm
David Porter wrote:... I had not known about being able to control the on-off status of layers in an xRef by using GTV. Very cool.

I'd also like to point out that XClips are also remembered.

Dave
#60240 by fsoliver
Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 pm
Ditto what David Porter said. These are one of the best things DataCAD has done on training that I have seen. I was under the impression that some of these older videos were recorded from the DataCAD Advanced Training full-day sessions that was traveling around the country several years ago. Is there a way to index those videos to the agenda from those sessions. I have tried this a bit but since I was unable to attend, it is hard for me to link the videos to the morning and afternoon sessions. I feel this would be quite helpful for me.
#60257 by Bruce111
Fri May 17, 2013 3:08 am
I just wanted to add my congratulations and enthusiasm for the video production. These really are great and I hope they continue. It is such a relief to see Datacad actually as work and I hope they inspire greater use of all the functionality that is available. I have already picked up a couple of tips that I somehow missed during my learning.

Many thanks.