Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62005 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:59 pm
Hi,

In MText is it possible to get lines of text closer together (vertically) other than by changing the size of the text? Or, is that something that is determined by the fonts used? Here's a screen capture:

MText Question.png
MText Question.png (79.23 KiB) Viewed 6017 times

The address font is Complex and each line in the MText needs to be farther apart. The Signature is a font called Brush Script MT, and the rest is Arial in italics. The original text entities are on the left inside the border, and the ones on the right are two MText entities; and the second one needs to have a lot less space between the lines.
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#62008 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm
I should say that this font question is related to a DWG export. We tried to export this border symbol to a R2007-R2009 and a R2013-R2014 DWG and then opening them in ACAD 2014, they show up as the wrong font, and they are not editable. When they are selected, they show as a image file, or something like that.

I'm trying to see if MText will export better, but I first have to get it looking reasonable in DataCAD 16.
#62009 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:44 pm
The Factor will change the space between lines.

Dave
#62011 by MtnArch
Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Neil -

The issue with the font being incorrect in Acad could be that either the SHX file is NOT in Acad's font directory, or that the Font Style in Acad has substituted another SHX font for the correct one. It may be related to how far deep the symbol is in Acad - the deeper it is (ie. how many times you have to explode it to bring it to the surface to actually edit it) the harder it may be to find which style is kicking it out.