Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62032 by Clayton Taylor
Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:03 pm
To all,

I use the Layer Manager all the time, as it's easy to see & check layers on & off or just see things more clearly. However the frustrating thing is, I also have to use the layers command in the utility menu as well, as I'm often moving things around to other layers.

I'd love the layer manager to have the ability to "move to layer" or for that matter, to have all the layer functions of the layer command in the utility menu transferred over to the Layer Manager.............now that would be cool.. :)

Over & out,
Clayton.
#62054 by Paul Nida
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 am
I asked for this same thing in another thread and got no response, but I don't think anyone is asking for the menus to change just additions to the Layer Manager. Also I keep the LM open all the time and I would like it to act the Symbol Browser and stay open even when no drawing is open. That way I don't have to open it every time I start DCAD or close drawings and open new ones.
#62055 by ORWoody
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:32 am
That is the great thing about DCAD's focus, they keep the good and add the better. For us old fogies that like the good, we get to keep our warm fuzzy blankies. For you younger more adaptable types, they give you the better things that you ask for.
I just don't get any better than that.
Man, I love DataCAD.
#62059 by Paul Nida
Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm
I have 2-24" monitors and I keep the LM and the SB on the second monitor along with several other things. I keep them both on all the time and I like being able to turn layers on and off at any time even in the middle of another command. I just wish it could be made sticky like the Symbol Browser so I don't have to keep turning it on every time. It is not a big deal to hi Ctrl-L just a bit annoying especially since the SB works that way already.

BTW Woody, I am not exactly a spring chicken. I am in my 60's and I am not sure how much longer I am going to keep doing this. By the time I am in my 70's, I hope to be doing something else, like riding 4-wheelers or something.
#62060 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:08 pm
Paul:

I can likely keep the Layer Manager open as long as DataCAD is running. I doubt I can make it act exactly like the SB as the LM is a dialog and the SB is a toolbar. You would have to re-open the LM when you first open a drawing, but I could make it remain open even if you were to close all drawings.

Dave