Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62194 by Clayton Taylor
Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 am
To all,

Quite recently on the DC15 forum I was trying to find a font that would print o.k. in DataCAD & SketchUP. This was to try & match as seamlessly as possible a titled up drawing sheet produced in DataCAD & SketchUP Layout. This I finally achieved, now in DC16 I was looking at another font that I liked the look of called: ADOBE Graphite Standard Regular (.otf). However for some reason it doesn't appear in the list of DC fonts. I tried reloading it & booting up the Pc again, but it still does not appear in the available DC font list. :?

This font can be seen & used o.k. in Open Office, Serif Page Plus & SU2013-Pro to name but a few programs on my PC.

So can anyone tell me why DC can't see this font.. :?:

Over & out,
Clayton.
#62195 by wvar
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:33 am
I used to use the Graphite series of fonts with vectorworks. I stopped using it because it would cause all sorts of problems. I may be that the Graphite fonts dont like DataCAD either. Just a guess.
#62198 by Clayton Taylor
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:51 am
To all,

I just converted the Graphite font; OTF to a TTF for free on the Internet.
All now works o.k. with DC16.

Over & out,
Clayton.

Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 4:00 PM
To: Clayton ; Evanshu Forum
Cc: datacad-dbug@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: DBUG> More DC & SU fonting queries

DataCAD will only display TTF fonts (TrueType Format), not OTF fonts (OpenType Format). You'll need to install a TTF definition of the font.
#62199 by wvar
Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:28 pm
[quote="Clayton Taylor"]To all,

Good news. Please keep us posted on how it works. I like the look of the Graphite fonts.
Walter
#62201 by Clayton Taylor
Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 am
wvar wrote:
Clayton Taylor wrote:To all,

Good news. Please keep us posted on how it works. I like the look of the Graphite fonts.
Walter

Hi Walt,

It all works o.k; but funnily enough, I'm having the opposite problems I had with SU when using the DataCAD shx text ARCWY2TX & ARCHWYHC, i.e. the GRAPHITE STANDARD TTF prints too heavy at 3.0mm at scale 1:50 for construction notes etc, o.k. I suppose for the odd room name or title though. The resolve I found is to use the GRAPHITE NARROW TTF set at an aspect ratio of 0.75. This font is generally thinner with regard to line thickness. I suppose what I've learned is that SHX DataCAD fonts are less hassle & can have more control over line weight, I therefore think I need more SHX type fonts for CAD work.............now I've come full circle........I wonder if there are SHX fonts to emulate GRAPHITE fonts etc... :lol:

Over & out,
Clayton.
#62203 by wvar
Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:27 pm
Hello Clayton

Firstly do a search for a software called SHX Viewer. It offers preview of SHX fonts. Then do a search for the following fonts which may be close enough for you ie MF04, ARCHSTYL, ARCHT, ARCHTITL, ARCHITXT_D.

However, a word of warning. The search for the perfect font can sometimes take up a lot of ones relatively short life and sometomes it is best to stick to plain ol vanilla fonts like Arial or the DataCAD's ARCWY2LC and ARCWY2HC. Now a better solution is if Mark & Dave were to convert these fonts to TTF for us mere mortals. I know that they have a lot of spare time on their hands. :wink: