Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62266 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:24 pm
Greetings,

When I toggle on a Knockout on a ParaText, it initially shows correctly on some associative hatch - but as soon as I zoom or change the view, it disappears?

Can symbols have Knockout? I'll try for just the text/text attributes in the symbol, but if the whole symbol could, that would be better.
#62271 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:37 pm
Would love if a whole symbol could be a knockout and everything within the symbol showed. Right now we have to build the knockout layering within the symbol entities the same as if they were not symbols.
#62275 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm
Well ...

If you don't need Autocad compatibility, turn off Compatibility Mode and add/modify the following key to the [KnockOuts] section of the INI file:

This will force any KnockOuts, within Symbols, to draw first allowing any additional geometry within the Symbol to be shown.

Note Well: This is in no way compatible with Autocad and will not display correctly there.

Dave
#62279 by MtnArch
Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:27 am
#62281 by MtnArch
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:04 pm
Hey, hey, hey ... even God took 6 days to create the world! Give me a LITTLE break in timing, huh? :twisted:
#62509 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 am
How can I have a ParaText with Knockout work on the hatch but not obscure the Smart Arrow? The two notes above the bathrooms are show on the screen the way I'd like them to print, but on the plot, the arrow leader in the ParaText Knockout is not there.

Knockout Question.png
Knockout Question.png (101.68 KiB) Viewed 7693 times