Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62407 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:31 am
Well, this is weird. This morning, I can not enter a ParaText entity: I place the starting point, type the note, click okay, and then it says Enter point to calculate text wrapping width. - and when I do, I get NOTHING on the screen.

Regular text works. ParaText and MText do not.

Edit: I found the problem! The margins are set so large, that the text is waaaay off the screen... I usually have the margin set to 0, but for whatever reason it was set to 3.0, and since I am using Text Scale, they were 3 feet away.
#62826 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Hi,

When I am creating/editing in a ParaText dialog box, it looks like this:

ParaText Dialog.png
ParaText Dialog.png (26.55 KiB) Viewed 11893 times

And then when I close the dialog, this is what it looks like in the drawing:

ParaText in drawing.png
ParaText in drawing.png (78.95 KiB) Viewed 11893 times

Is there a way to get these consistent?
#62829 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:10 pm
Use a TTF?
#62832 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:16 pm
Hmm, could this be a proportional vs. non-proportional issue?
#62973 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:52 pm
Using the same SHX font called 'arcwy2tx' in a ParaText and in a regular text entity, with the same size and aspect settings - the ParaText looks smaller both in height and length of the line. Is this just this font, or is this for any font? It seems to be consistent for other fonts.
#62994 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:36 pm
When I Alt-I on ParaText with a Line Spacing of 1.5 - this setting does not get set, and the next ParaText I place still has a Line Spacing of 1.

Also, when I look at the PText Properties dialog, the Line Spacing value is still 1.0 and it is grayed out, so it cannot be changed after it is created.
#64092 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 20, 2014 3:38 pm
Neil:

I believe you may be confusing Line Spacing with Factor. I assume you are wanting to changing the Line Feed Factor?

Dave