Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62439 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:37 am
Hello,

When I enter regular text that has the insertion point at the top left, as soon as I start typing, it "jumps" to a bottom left insertion point, and then reverts to the correct insertion point when I right-click/enter.
#62440 by joshhuggins
Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:38 pm
Yeah seeing that too in 16.01.00.03 SE. The insertion point never changes, it's just it jumps to a Bottom justification vs. the Top while inputting, and the corrects itself when complete.
#62459 by wwwylie
Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:47 pm
This has been this way at least since version 8 that I can remember. I think someone had it in the Wishlist forum to correct it. I would like to add a wish that we could see the insertion point for existing text entities so that we can guess what will happed to them when we edit them or when we Identify>Set All.
#62462 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:25 pm
wwwylie wrote:I would like to add a wish that we could see the insertion point for existing text entities so that we can guess what will happend to them when we edit them or when we Identify>Set All.
You can add the following section and key to DCADWIN.INI to display text insertion points.
Code: Select all[DEBUG]
Draw Text Insertion Point=TRUE
#62464 by wwwylie
Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:47 pm
Mark - thanks for fulfilling my wish before I even wished it. Always great to learn of a new feature (probably an old one, but new to me).

Thanks again. DataCAD rocks!
#62467 by wwwylie
Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 am
I turned on the Draw Insertion Point and it is very helpful to me. However, I didn't expect the insertion point to print. Is there anyway to keep them visible, but not have them print?
#62531 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:41 am
wwwylie wrote:I turned on the Draw Insertion Point and it is very helpful to me. However, I didn't expect the insertion point to print. Is there anyway to keep them visible, but not have them print?

Done for the next update.

Dave
#62602 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 am
Hi,

I've copied and pasted some MText entities from an older drawing into a new one, and the plot scale is 1/4" vs 1/8" in the old one. So, in the Change/Text/Contents dialog, the text said it was 2.0 and when I change it to .6 it is now *tiny*. And in another entity that had two sizes, only the first one "sticks".

This is just weird.

I have to use Enlarge to get what I want. I don't use MText often, but this is not what I have seen in the past.
#62666 by joshhuggins
Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 pm
I know back in the day enlarging Mtext could cause this confusion between the sizes shown and what was reported, especially when used with text scale. Maybe the old text had been enlarged or something at some point. I don't recall exactly what has been done, but there has been so many changes to Mtext, text scale and related stuff it has really been a confusing thing to follow. I just try to copy old Mtext contents and then paste them into new Mtext since the new Mtext objects seem to be much more straight forward.