Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62543 by gregg kett
Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:13 pm
Hi Guys n Gals (politically correct now)
Is there a way of rearranging the sheet order before printing. Using batch plotting. There is facility to move in the menu which moves information from one sheet to another but I would like to change the sheet order when I use batch plotting.

I have added additional sheets to the job but want them to print in my numerical order mixed in with some of the previous sheets.

The problem is when I batch plot I have to physically change the order of the sheets after printing before stapling together. prehistoric I know a stapler ???

If I was really really clever I could set it up in GTVs but that gives me a headache to think about to pre-plan, all good in theory !!.

or can this be on a wish list ?
thanks Gregg
#62544 by Roger D
Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:23 am
A work around might be print all to pdf, then using PDFill's combine PDF command, put them in one file in the order you wish.
http://www.pdfill.com/pdf_tools_free.html

But I agree, add that to the wishlist of being able to mangage Plot Sheets. Would be nice to have a dialog box where one can drag them into the order one wants. Click on each sheet, see the GTV's and be able to verify the plot scales. Probably a few other goodies this forum could add to this wish.
#62548 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 pm
We use a single file and GTV's for our sheets, and order GTV's to match the output order. Like Roger's ideas.