Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62738 by joshhuggins
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Loading a brand new system and received this message during the install process. It looked to roll back the Redist. but continued the Datacad install and Datacad seems to be running fine. I don't see the Redist. listed in my Control Panel\Programs list FWIW. Should I be concerned?
Install.jpg
Install.jpg (130.84 KiB) Viewed 13621 times
#62740 by joshhuggins
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:48 pm
I just downloaded the DataCAD16Setup.exe using the Download_DataCAD_16.exe app to make sure I had the latest version for the install. I tried running sunshader, newer dialogs and such and everything seems to be fine so I'll continue on. Thanks Mark.
#63015 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:35 pm
Just FYI, I just received this message again today on another new system build. I installed Windows from a Windows 7 Pro SP1 disc, run windows updates for Windows and other products from Microsoft until there are no more updates before I install anything else. Didn't receive these errors with the previous DataCAD16Setup.exe I had which was downloaded back in September, 2013. The install where this first happened has been running fine so does this redistrib. even need to be in the installer?
#63016 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:22 pm
Interesting. I don't think anyone else has reported this error. This redistributable has been in the installer since DataCAD 14 as it is required for the Sun Shader. The only change we made relative to this was to make it 'silent' so DataCAD can be installed in an unattended mode for firms that require it.
#63017 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:30 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:Interesting. I don't think anyone else has reported this error.
Because no one loves ya'll as much as me ;)
#63026 by Mark Bell
Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:56 am
I copied the exe file from my work's computer and tried installing it on my home pc and got the following error:

011814a.jpg
011814a.jpg (68.44 KiB) Viewed 13389 times

I then downloaded the same .exe file off the DataCAD support page and it installed ok.
#63028 by Mark F. Madura
Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:26 pm
Strange. One Microsoft reference:

"Error message: "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"
The machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system. (x86 or x64)."

As if you're getting an error as a result of missing the redistributable you're about to install. :o :shock: :roll:
#63033 by Mark Bell
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 pm
Hi Mark,

The only two things that come to mind are the file that was copied onto the memory stick was partially corrupted or that it was saved to drive D: on the original PC and resaved to drive E: on the home PC though this hasn't been an issue in the past..... :roll:

Both machines run the latest update of Windows 7.
#63034 by Mark Bell
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm
...another thing I recall is I had just done a Windows Update but hadn't rebooted then started the v16 update install. Maybe if I had rebooted allowing Windows to finish its update the error may not have occurred?