Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62779 by GARY247
Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm
I cannot seem to get a clip cube to work on a self referenced x-reference that is in the same drawing. Is there something that I do not have turned on or is this not possible.
#62780 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:23 pm
Is this a drawing clip cube of an XClip? If a drawing clip, [Ctrl]+Right-click on the XRef and make sure that Ignores Clip Cubes isn't checked.

Dave
#62928 by Bob Shaw
Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:22 am
I to am having some issues with clip cubed self xrefs. I had created about 25 section details using self xrefs of my wall & building sections. I had to edit a few clip cubes since I moved some wall sections in the file. Then I could not create a new clipped detail. As usual I clicked the xref, drew a box around the detail, hit clip on, right clicked and no clip cube. In the mean time all my previous clip cubes I created for my details disappeared and I can't restore them. I can clip a self xref in other files but not anymore in this file.
#62932 by wwwylie
Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm
I am having some issues with the XClip on Self XRefs as well. I moved an XRef entity on my drawing and it appeared to move fine (Screenshot 1), but when I plot it it shows that the XRef moved but the XClip stayed where it was (Screenshot 2). I have tried editing and redefining the XClip with the same results.

#62933 by Bob Shaw
Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm
My issue was resolved thanks to Mark Toce. Somehow I clicked off Xclips in the drawing. The toggle wasn't located in [Ctrl]+[right-click] on an Xref but [Ctrl]+[right-click] on another area of the screen and the toogle to turn on Xclips appears.