Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62910 by dirtsailor2003
Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:20 pm
Quite often we will use the clipboard select feature to bring in items in from other drawings. If we just drop the selected item into the drawing everything is fine. The issue we are having is when we use the dynamic rotate in conjunction with the paste. Dropping the item and rotating isn't a problem. Moving the item after its pasted is. Lets say we bring in the item and rotate it 90° and paste it. If we go to move it (using direction distance) and I want to move it 10' to the right, it will move the rotated item 10', but 90° to the the direction you wanted. If I use the drag option in the move commend the same thing happens. Pick the object move right, click to put down and instead of moving right it moves that distance down.
#62912 by dirtsailor2003
Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm
Just tested pasting in the item without using the dynamic rotate. Then using the rotate command to rotate. Then using the move command to move and everything works fine. So must be a glitch in the Paste dynamic rotate command.
#62917 by dirtsailor2003
Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:56 am
Marc,

I created a new drawing and it is working properly in the new drawing. I checked again in our drawing and the issue is still happening. It seems to only be happening in a few drawings now. I can send the file if you'd like.