Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62988 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 pm
We set up separate layers for each of about 8 self references, and each one uses an XClip; with additional layers for the text and dims etc., and each is saved as a GTV. It would fine for some, but a few were "forgetting" the XClip and they kept reverting to an XClip for another GTV. We corrected this on several, but on one detail, it looked like it worked, even in the MSP sheet - but it disappeared from the Preview. One other detail showed on the MSP sheet *and* on the Preview - but then disappeared after returning to the drawing from MSP Layout.

We were banging our heads on the desk - figuratively. We were retracing our steps, and we made sure to update the GTV, and we exited DataCAD 16 and tried again, all to no avail.

To try and clarify, all 8 of the self references use the same set of layers, and we copied 1 self reference to each separate layer, and only that one layer is used on each detail GTV. The settings in the RFM were the same for all, too; except that some had a layer on that had an XRef on it - but these are not the ones that are misbehaving.

In the end, we used the native entities with a 3D Clip Cube and some of the text was set to "ignore CC".
#63790 by Tim Mohr
Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:54 pm
Hi Neil -

Did you ever get a response/answer to this? I have had similar issues where xclips in a saved view go wonky after I set them up in print layout (ie. the saved view appears to be corrupted by the print layout function from what I can tell) - all of the x-refs are still there but their xclips all disappear or more precisely all assume the shape of one of the xclips and so I have to parse through them to figure out which is which - very aggravating. I do have ignore clip cube shut off ( also frustrating that this is the default setting for whatever that is worth)...tim