Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63193 by David Porter
Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:19 pm
All I did was switch from XP to Windows 7 but now my on-screen lineweights seem to not be showing up as bold as they had before. Same video card and monitor that I had when running DataCAD from XP. And, yes, for the screen shot below, I did have the lineweight set to display on the screen. I cannot get lineweight 2 to show up at all but when I Indentify it, it does say it's weight 2. I also have the same printer settings but that shouldn't affect the screen display. I have included a screen shot of what the plot preview looks like and the weight 2 lines do show up there.

Any idea what changed for the lineweights to not display as they used to?

Line weights.png
Line weights.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 4060 times

Line weights plot preview.png
Line weights plot preview.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
#63194 by Mark Toce
Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 pm
This issue is actually operating system dependent.

Exit DataCAD, and then open the "dcadwin.ini" configuration settings file. Change the following:

[General]
Logical Pen Width=FALSE

to:

[General]
Logical Pen Width=TRUE

Save changes, exit the file, and then reopen DataCAD. The line weights should now display properly.
#63195 by David Porter
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm
Thank you, sir. Works as prescribed. You just need to be a little more responsive to your users. Come on now, it took you a whole 5 minutes to get me back an answer. ;-)

Go suck that Autodesk!