Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63199 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:54 pm
Looking at the Revision History
Code: Select allMiscellaneous enhancements in version 12.08.00 (since 12.07.01):

3) In the PText or MText dialog, [Ctrl] + [Enter] = [OK] and [Esc] = [Cancel].
 4) In all other dialogs, [Enter] and Middle Mouse Button = [OK], [Esc] and Right Mouse Button = [Cancel].
I didn't see a later entry in the revision history or searching the forum where this changed, but Middle Mouse button in V16 is acting like Enter. Is there a way to get this back to where the P/MText dialogs do not [Enter] when the middle mouse button is clicked? Liked using the middle mouse down to pan scroll in these dialogs.
#63220 by ORWoody
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:54 am
That middle mouse button working as the Enter key is another one of my too numerous to name "favorite things" in DataCAD.
Thank you for it.
And curses to the one that messes with how the middle button works. I don't want dropdown snap lists, light shows or other junk there. If I wanted extraneous key strokes with it, I could just go to Autocad for full monty of keystroke crud. Leave it alone, please.

Woody
Fat, dumb and happy with DataCAD just as it is.
#63222 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:57 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Do you Inference Snapping enabled?
No. If we could use it without the hint or indicators turned on I would probably.

ORWoody wrote:I don't want dropdown snap lists, light shows or other junk there.
Hey! Who doesn't love light shows and junk! Don't know what a dropdown snap list is.

ORWoody wrote:dumb and happy with DataCAD just as it is.....Leave it alone, please.
That kind of thinking would mean there would be no reason for people to upgrade in the future :wink:

Options Woody, options! Nobody's wants to hack our baby to bits :lol: I honestly thought it was working the way it's called out in the Revision history up until recently. I use the middle mouse button click and hold method of panning in at least 6 other apps on a daily basis and it's much faster then having to constantly repeat scrolling with the mouse wheel. It's engrained in my brain. It's the pits when I try to use it (which the dialog clearly supports it by the way) and it closes the dialog on me. An option to disable the middle mouse button as enter is all I'm looking for. Ctrl+Enter is what I use to close the dialog FWIW.