Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63277 by seasdes
Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 pm
Hi all.

I have recently upgraded my PC to a 3.4 Ghz system and 32 GB RAM. I am also using a high end video card. However, to my dismay I find DCAD slow if I use Arial TTF fonts. Especially if I am editing text blocks with a lot of text eg general notes. This problem does not happen when I use shx fonts.

What fonts are people using. I thought that in 2014 the Arial font would not display this problem.
#63278 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 pm
Yeah we use a mix of TTF & SHX. Titles and things use the TTF's since there are not very many, and SHX for the bulk of notation and text notes. Would love to see a way the display could be sped up somehow. Not sure where the bottleneck is.
#63924 by Roger D
Sat May 03, 2014 1:28 pm
When pasting text from excel, how can I determine what color the text will paste, currently it always comes in white, I'd like to have it another color and have to change it all the time?