Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63313 by melina
Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 am
The option to override Object Snapping by using the Shift Key is not working while selecting objects during Clipboard Copy, [Ctrl+E]. In fact, holding down the Shift Key does not allow selecting at all.

Anyone else experiencing this?
#63321 by seasdes
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:08 pm
Not sure if your problem is related to the one that I am having.

However this was posted on the Datacad 16 wishlist post the other day:

"Can we please allow the use of the Shift key when selecting text and dimensions to edit their properties. I am finding that I am forever accidentally drawing short lines when selecting text and dimensions. I have found that this accidental behaviour is because the cursor has snapped to a snap point when selecting these items.

An alternative may be to prevent DataCAD form setting points when double clicking on an object.

This request would be a huuge productivity boost for me anyway."
#63322 by melina
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:52 pm
Hmmm, I just tried duplicating your issue and I see what you mean. It wouldn't surprise me to find that they are both simply related to the software's or operating system's recognition of our input actions.

Since I started using a drawing tablet & stylus (for which this version change in selecting and snapping has been a real Godsend), I don't use the double click anymore. Instead, Shift-Right Click does the same thing and is very precise in selecting since the right button is "ignorant" of object snap settings (just FYI).
#63700 by melina
Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:48 pm
I'm shaking the dust off this post since I now have better information...

Using Shift-Left Click (select without snaps) is not effective in Clipboard-Select, Copy>Drag>Multiple, and Move>Drag>Multiple. In each of these functions, using the Shift key "Unselects" (as it always has in the past) and so ignores this nifty new snapping arrangement we have.

Mostly, I've been able to use masks to narrow in on want needs to be selected, but it is not always applicable.

Maybe there would be a way to have the snaps turn off automatically when these functions start and turn back on after exiting? Or use Ctrl for unselecting?

Or am I just crazy?