Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63363 by seasdes
Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:34 am
I wonder how many people use Txt Scale. I do but I wonder sometimes whether I should. Having to hunt through the menus to change the plot scale annoys me more and more.

Is it just me or am I having a near senior moment?

Maybe if we could access the plot scale at the bottom LH corner of the main Datacad window? (Hint)
#63365 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:24 am
If you a) turn on Text Scale and b) toggle off Page Up/Down Changes Plot Scale (in the Tools/Program Preferences/Misc dialog) and c) toggle on Save Plot Scale w/ GTV (also in the Program Preferences).

Next, set the Plot Scale to what you need, *by going to the Text menu* - a Plot Scale button will be right below Arrows! Set the text size to what you want it to be *on the* *paper*, a do the same in the Dimension menu and set the four or five settings there to what you want it to be *on the* *paper*.

Update the GTV you are working on, and then enter any and all text and dims and they will be at the correct size.

Change to a different GTV, and set the Plot Scale correctly - and then update the GTV. Then enter any and all text and dims and they will be at the correct size.

Text Scale is the best thing in DataCAD since MSP. In fact, saving the plot scale with each GTV, and then toggling on the Linked setting in the GoToView menu - and when you place any GTV on tohe plot sheet, it is already is at the correct scale.
#63366 by Roger D
Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:30 am
seasdes wrote:Maybe if we could access the plot scale at the bottom LH corner of the main Datacad window? (Hint)

Or, What I have done is added a few toolbar buttions
[Plot Scale 1/4]
Hint=Set Plot Scale to 1/4"
Icon=1_4dim
A=^:^S5^F4^F7^S0

[Plot Scale 1/8]
Hint=Set Plot Scale to 1/8"
Icon=1_8dim
A=^:^S5^F4^F9^S0

You'd just have to define what Icon you wish to use, and make sure the red F key is the correct one for you scale listing.
More Icon's and directions on customizing toolbars can be found at Josh Huggin's website -http://joshhuggins.com/category/datacad/toolbars-datacad/
#63446 by melina
Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:37 pm
Couldn't live without Text Scale. I also have a drop-down toolbar with my favorite scales to alleviate the menu search stress. Though, I have had dreams of some sort of built in toggle/menu as you mention. Make that two votes.