Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63377 by valprest
Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 pm
For what ever reason the border, title block and contents therein came in as one entity on one layer. I want to change contents in the title block but DataCad cannot explode the contents or ungroup it in 2D, to allow me to move or change anything. If I erase an entity the entire border, block and contents disappear. Essentially it erases the contents of the layer. If I try to explode it in 3D nothing happens.

What should I do to breakdown this "entity" into separate lines and text?

Thanks.

Val Prest
#63378 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:52 pm
It's most likely an unexploded symbol or an xref. You can verify what it is using I (identify command), and clicking the object. If it's a symbol You should be able to Ctrl+Right click on part of the symbol, select Symbol Tools, Edit Symbol to edit the symbol. once you have made your edits, you can File, Close the symbol, selecting to save the changes. Symbols are really powerful tools (equiv. to AutoCAD's Blocks) and worth getting familiar with how they work. One thing to check is if you check in the Tools, Program Preferences dialog, on the Misc tab, at the bottom you can set Double Click to take you directly to the symbol editor to get you editing symbols quicker.

If you prefer you can use the Tools menu, Explode, S3 Sym Explode option to explode the symbol down to it's root entities. Use the S4, S5, or S6 option to set where the entities will go when exploded.
#63379 by Roger D
Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:52 pm
what does it identify as?
You might have to try to right click on it, and if the symbol menu comes up, select explode or edit symbol there.
#63381 by MtnArch
Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 pm
Also, depending on what flavor of Acad it came from (Architectural Desktop, Civil, etc.) it may be a "proxy object" which cannot be edited/exploded without losing it entirely.