Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63549 by David Porter
Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:41 pm
Using the latest version. Opened a file that I store on Dropbox so that I will have access to it from anywhere. I had worked on this a lot at my office last week. Many xRef files inserted with lots of details from the same xRef file. But, the only thing remaining from all of the xRef files is a tiny 'x' on the screen where the xRef used to be. I can right click on the 'x' and it will show me the name of the xRef and the drawing within the xRef. But, when I go to the Reference Manager, that file is not shown as being in the drawing. It vamoosed away. I can see some other xRef files in this job that are from other xRef drawings and those drawings are shown in the Ref Manager.

Since the little xRef 'x' is still in the file and it still recognizes the xRef file that is no longer apparently a part of the drawing file, is there a way to get that xRef file back into this job so that all of the xRef drawings that were inserted from this one x
Ref detail file come back?
#63553 by David Porter
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 am
Think I found the fix to my problem. I got a new computer and had moved some xRef directories around. So, when I opened up a drawing, it didn't know where those xRef drawings had been moved to and couldn't find them. Odd thing was that they didn't show up in the orphaned xRef list when I first opened the drawing. The xRef drawings also did not appear in the list of drawings shown in the Ref Mgr.

I closed out the drawing and then reopened it. Voilà! The missing xRef drawings then did show up in the orphaned list. I repathed them and all is good and calm in the universe once again. Back to work time.