Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63649 by Shepwood
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:44 pm
I took 2 yrs of data cad about 4 years ago and haven't really used it since. im now getting into having to use it almost daily and I need to refresh what I learned. I have downloaded the trial version for now, but I really need help on the simple stuff. I know there is a button you can hit to start a new line or dimension off the nearest point, cant remember how do that. is there and Datacad for dummies or anything like that?
#63650 by MtnArch
Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:15 pm
You may remember this, but to start drawing a line, simply pick a point and tell DC which way it goes! If you're wanting to draw a wall (as opposed to a single line), make sure you pick the "Draw Walls" icon at the top icon bar (it will switch to drawing double wall lines and put a circular aperture on the crosshairs to designate you're drawing walls) - pick the "Draw Lines" icon to the left and you'll draw single lines and the aperture turns off.

If you're wanting to snap to the nearest end point/mid point/circle center/etc. make sure you set what you want DC to look for in the "Utility"/"Object Snap" menu on the left (or Shift x (lower case "x")).

What else can we help you with?

(and welcome back!)
#63652 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:47 am
Download the PDF manual and go thru Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 tutorial. Might have to Turn Off Auto 3D in the Architect menu to get the tutorial to make sense.
#63710 by hlewis
Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm
The middle button of you mouse will snap to a point, if configured as "middle button" in your mouse set up. Put the cursor near the point you want to snap and hit the N key on the keyboard. That will snap to a point as well.