Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63727 by David Porter
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:13 am
Do knockouts work with xRef drawings? Maybe we never had this function but I thought we did and I don't seem to have it any more. I inserted an xRef drawing of a site survey. The survey had been drawn in AwfulCAD and I imported it into DCAD. When I add dimensions to the drawing and then make them KO's, they do knockout anything that is on the main drawing but they ignore knocking out the lines or other parts of the xRef drawing. Are KO's supposed to also knockout the xRef drawing info? Is there a new setting somewhere that needs to be set to tell DCAD to also knockout the xRef info?
#63729 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 pm
Hi David:

It's working properly here. Is the XRef on a layer later in the order than the KnockOuts? On the Active layer?

Dave
#63735 by David Porter
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:08 pm
I found that it was actually working. But, it wasn't evident until I did a plot of the drawing. When looking at on the screen. the xRef parts that should have gotten knocked out were still visible. After making a PDF plot, everything behind the KO got removed as it should have. The xRef was probably bummed because it had to work on a Sunday so it was being obstinate.