Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63791 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 am
Hi,

If I create a Layer Set with the On Layers (2 layers are on) and I leave the Views and Details toggled on, it exports the entire drawing; not just the On Layers.

If I toggle off the Views and the Details, then it works as expected.
#63793 by Mark Toce
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hi,

If I create a Layer Set with the On Layers (2 layers are on) and I leave the Views and Details toggled on, it exports the entire drawing; not just the On Layers.

If I toggle off the Views and the Details, then it works as expected.

When "Views" and "Details" are included, all layers needed to recreate those views and details must be included in the layer set, even if they are currently turned off.
#63796 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:04 pm
Okay, I was misunderstanding what those toggles were for, and I'm not sure why/when they would be used.

If I select On Layers, I was thinking that the Views would include the GTV for the current layers, and ditto for including any MSP details that consist of those layers.
#63799 by Mark Toce
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Okay, I was misunderstanding what those toggles were for, and I'm not sure why/when they would be used.

If I select On Layers, I was thinking that the Views would include the GTV for the current layers, and ditto for including any MSP details that consist of those layers.

Nope, sorry -- views and details are all or nothing in Layer Sets.

If you just want to save out the layers for one GoTo View, open the drawing and then select File/Purge. Click Layers/Deselect all, and then check the GoTo View you wish to save. DataCAD will automaticaly check the layers needed to recreate this view. Pick File/Save As AEC, and then save out a new file which contains just the one GoTo View and the associated layers.
#63812 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am
Thanks Mark - the Purge export was what I was thinking of, I think. I can make a new GTV after importing a Layer Set - this saves a lot of work when you need to add groups of similar layers several times in a file; to set up new details.
#63960 by Neil Blanchard
Tue May 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Another Layer Set issue: If I create a layer set that has a self reference on one of the layers - the self reference does not show up after I load the layer set into the same drawing it "came" from. I did an intermediate step of loading the layer set into a temporary drawing so I could rename the layers.

I'll just reinsert the self reference; no problem, but I figured I'd mention it.