Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63859 by kwismer
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:52 pm
I've been using Datacad for a long time, but never posted anything to the Forum. So, I hope I'm not asking a stupid question or one that was already asked before. If so, My apologies.
I have version 11 and have been using it sucessfully. I just upgraded to version 16.
I installed Datacad 16 on my computer. Everything is working fine, except for a couple keys.
When I have caps lock on, the m key goes to macros. If I have caps lock off the m key is move. I'm also having trouble with the i key as well. I remember there was a fix for this, I just can't remember what the fix was. I think it was in the dcadwin.ini file. Can anyone advise me on this? I appreciate your help.
Keith
#63865 by Mark Toce
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 am
Here are the directions for editing the "dcadwin.msg" file for that [m] and [M] both execute the "Move" command.

Exit DataCAD completely, if it is open.

Find the DCADWIN.MSG file located in the C:\DataCAD 16\Support Files\Messages and Labels\ folder and make a backup copy of it before proceeding.

Open the file using a plain text editor, such as Notepad. It is very important that you do not use a rich text editor, such as Word or Wordpad.

Locate the following two lines of text (The character you will be changing has been highlighted for emphasis. Do not highlight the character when editing the file):

140| npozuds,<.i\+qQ=f/xXh`~|-_wWjJkKmcregalv;:t!@#$%^&*()b{?[]'"SAyYVFIM}ª
141| NPOZUDs,<>i\+qQ=f/xXH`~|-_wWjJkKmCREGaLv;:T!@#$%^&*()B{?[]'"SAyYVFIM}ª

Change the first lower case [m] in line 140 to a capital [M], so that it looks like this:

140| npozuds,<.i\+qQ=f/xXh`~|-_wWjJkKMcregalv;:t!@#$%^&*()b{?[]'"SAyYVFIM}ª
141| NPOZUDs,<>i\+qQ=f/xXH`~|-_wWjJkKmCREGaLv;:T!@#$%^&*()B{?[]'"SAyYVFIM}ª

Now close and save the file.
#63872 by ORWoody
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 pm
I have always replaced the upper case "M" near the end of both lines with a space. I am not sure that it is necessary, but I didn't like having the possibility of problems with something that is used so regularly. If you do that, don't just delete the "M." Replace it with a space.
Good luck,
Woody
#63874 by Roger D
Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 am
a explaination of the whole line can be found here:

http://datacad.com/ddn/resources.html

Miscellaneous Tools
Here is an Excel spreadsheet (http://datacad.com/ddn/downloads/msg.xls) that decodes the DCAD(WIN).MSG files syntax for mapping the keyboard interrupts to internal DataCAD functions. In plain English, "Do you want to change it so that 'M' and 'm' both activate the Move command?" This file will explain how to do this and much more. With this spreadsheet you can make some elaborate changes. NOTE: Changes to your DCADWIN.MSG file are not recommended by DATACAD. If you make changes, back up your original first. You will not receive any tech support for issues arising from modifications to your .MSG file. Download a copy of this file. http://datacad.com/ddn/downloads/msg.zip
#63881 by ORWoody
Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 am
If you look at the end of the lines, there are uppercase Is there. Change the top one to a lowercase.
Then near the beginning of the line, there are two lowercase. Replace both of those with spaces.
The replacement of letters with spaces is critical because the position and number of all of the letters and symbols is tracked. One must never simply delete a letter.
Having the I work with both cases is nice.
Good luck,
Woody
#65411 by arcfire714
Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:27 pm
To get the "i" key to be Identify, you need to give the "i" a new letter. This is because macros usually calls the command digitizer.

What I did was change Ortho in lines 140 and 141 as "O" and "O"
and then "i" to "o" and "o"
Finally changing Identify to "i" and "I"
Then I went into the DCADWIN.MCR file and changed each command calling ^i and changing it to ^o

140| npOzuds,<.a\+qQ=f/xXh`~|-_wWjJkKmcregalv;:t!@#$%^&*()b{?[]'"SAyYVFio}ª
141| NPOZUDs,<>a\+qQ=f/xXH`~|-_wWjJkKMCREGaLv;:T!@#$%^&*()B{?[]'"SAyYVFIo}ª