Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63933 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 am
Good day All,

I have inserted an image (PNG) into my drawing for reference, and I am using black drawing background (shock!). When I draw white lines, they do not show up on the image, no matter what Layer Order setting I use, and even after hitting U to recalc the DL.

Is this a bug? For now, I'll switch to a white background, so they show up.
#63934 by Paul Nida
Mon May 05, 2014 8:53 am
White lines on a black background always show up as white. When you insert a bitmap DCAD doesn't know what the colors of the bitmap are so it continues to display white lines as white, red as red, blue as blue, etc. So you are not going to be able to see white lines on a white background and so on. As best I can remember, that is the way it has always worked.
#63938 by MtnArch
Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 am
Use an almost-white color for the line instead and make sure that the pen you assign to it will print in color.

I think this was discussed quite a bit in the last month or so on the Dbug forum.
#63947 by MtnArch
Mon May 05, 2014 5:17 pm
Why not just use another color for the line that shows up?