Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63945 by Hundreds of Bears
Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm
We had an issue with a drawing recently in our office that was quite possibly a human error... and also very possible was my own error but it made me a little curious... so I wanted to ask about it here.

We have a lot of layers in our office standard-- as I'm sure most offices do-- and in the one drawing that had a lot of entities of a lot of different layers, all the entities somehow got move to a couple layers.

This my have happened because of grouping... although those entities don't appear to be grouped anymore

...or, someone might have simply moved them because the GoToViews weren't working as expected

My questions are:

Is there anything else that might cause this to happen? -Entities moving from one layer to another

...and

What happens to a group when you group some entities within that group?

Thanks as always!!
#63951 by Mark Toce
Tue May 06, 2014 7:39 am
A group cannot contain entities on different layers. If you execute the group command on a collection of entities that are on different layers, they will all be moved to the current layer. I suspect this could be the cause of the issue.