Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64031 by David Porter
Wed May 14, 2014 11:00 am
Love the recent addition of the suffix text for dimensions. Hoping that I missed a part of the class on how to use them.

If I already have a dimension on the drawing, I double click on the dimension and up pops the dimension info window. I click to turn Suffix text on. I then have to hit OK and then double click the dimension again in order to see the "change" option show up for the Suffix text so that I can type in what I want the text to be.

Is there a way to skip the step of having to return to the dimension window to type in what the suffix text should be?
#64032 by David A. Giesselman
Wed May 14, 2014 11:03 am
David:

Rather than clicking OK after turning on Suffix, click Apply. Doing so will allow you to select and enter the Suffix text.

Dave
#64033 by David Porter
Wed May 14, 2014 11:46 am
See, I knew I must have gone golfing on the day you taught that class.

Thanks. Amazing how you have gotten us to such a high proficiency level with your coding that hitting enter or OK one time too many in a 20 hour work day is just too much to endure. ;-)