Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64086 by oneilarchitects
Tue May 20, 2014 9:14 am
I just recently upgraded from version 12 to 16 on three PCs. Most everything went smoothly, however, on one PCs, I am unable to see the print/plot dialog box to select a printer and paper size, though I believe datacad thinks it’s there. Two of the PCs are identical, running Windows Vista (yeah I know), but the problem only occurs on one of them, and on this one PC, it only occurs in Datacad 16. I have no problem seeing the print dialog box and printing in Datacad 12.

When I select ‘Print/Plot’ from the Utility menu (or Print… from the File menu), I receive the ‘Printer not selected’ dialog box. When I click OK to assign a printer, I get nothing, the menu on the left shows ‘Utility’ with nothing underneath, and no ‘Printer/Plotter’ dialog box appears. The strange thing is that if I down arrow and press enter as though the dialog box is there and I’m selecting a printer from the list that I can’t see, the print menu appears on the left so that I can at least select a scale, layout etc., however still I can’t see the printer/plotter settings dialog box to select a paper size or correct printer.

I tried reinstalling Datacad 16 on this machine, but it didn’t help, though I didn’t completely uninstall it before reinstalling. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
#64087 by Mark Toce
Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 am
Close all drawing files and exit DataCAD. Open Windows Explorer and then go to the C:\DataCAD 16\Support Files\ folder. Locate the file "dcadwindialogs.gui" and double-click on it to open it using Notepad. Look for the following section of text (your numbers will be different):

[FPrintSetup]
Maximized=0
Left=429
Top=211

Delete this section of text from the file, save the changes, and then close the file. When you reopen DataCAD, the Printer/Plotter Settings dialog will be displayed in the default position, at the center of your primary monitor.