Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64144 by deliriousga
Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm
I have a townhome unit floor plan that is referenced into a building floor plan then that building floor plan is referenced into the CD set along with the other building floor plans. When I go into the CD set, it is very slow and jumpy on the screen, sometimes to the point where I can barely work with the file. It does speed up a tiny bit when I disconnect my external monitor and just use the laptop screen, but it's still very difficult to work with. I have also tried turning off line types and hatch in the display menu, but it didn't help. My computer is very fast with everything else so are there some settings I can change to make the performance better?

It's DCad 16 in a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop, Core i7 processor, 8GB RAM, SSD Hard drive & NVidia Quadro K1100M video.

I have the same problem with my desktop that's a fast quad-core AMD processor, 32GB RAM, 7200RPM SATA drive and a good 3D rendering video card so I don't think it's the computer.

Thanks for the help.
#64150 by Mark Toce
Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Choose "Program Preferences" from the "Tools" pull-down menu, and then go to the "Interface" tab. Do you have "Hint" and/or "Indicator" enabled in the "Dynamic Snapping" section on the bottom right? If so, this may be causing the delay. There are two ways to change this.

1) Disable the option entirely by un-checking those settings.
2) Disable the feature selectively on the XREFs. [Ctrl]+[right-click] on each XREF, pick "XREF Tools," and then un-check "Dynamic Snapping."