Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64212 by GuyS
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:35 pm
Is there a find function as in Adobe Reader. This would be handy in a drawing with a lot of text and also to use as a tool to verify symbol names with lists on legends I've created.
#64213 by Roger D
Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 pm
You can use the mask function to find text
Window Menu - Edit, Clipboard Select (I've changed my .mnu file so I can use Ctrl-E)
The Dcad Menu - Mask / Entity / Text / Text Mask / Text Search

For Symbol Name, you can pull up the File Info and show the symbol names.
Or in Templates, run a report (S8) like DcadQty or DcadList
#64275 by melina
Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:10 pm
When using the Mask, be sure to select Text, Ptext & Mtext or whichever combinations you usually use to search ALL the text you might have at once.

Also, the Search & Replace functions in the Textman Macro still work, but only on Text (not Ptext or Mtext).
#64280 by GuyS
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:31 am
I'm not getting this. I follow the steps Melina and Roger suggest. I get to the dialogue box that I type in the word I am looking for then....nada. I guess I am expecting to see the word highlighted so I can find it in the drawing. If I can figure this out I'll post an ordered step by step list.
#64281 by melina
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 am
You have to go backtrack through the Mask menu and perform a selection (area, etc.). Each one that is found will appear on the command line or in a ptext/mtext edit box (I'm assuming you are using the edit text command). If there are multiple instances, hitting enter (or ok) to toggle to the one you want works. The text entity with the word you want will disappear from the screen while being edited - that would be your only indication of where it was in the drawing.