Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64220 by GuyS
Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:03 am
Has anyone discovered a font in DataCAD that translates to AutoCAD fonts perfectly? I find that when I sent an AutoCAD user my .dwg translated file, the fonts don't work out well for aspect, size.
#64221 by MtnArch
Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am
The best way is to start with an Acad SHX file - not a DataCAD CHR that's been converted to SHX. The next way is to then make sure that you don't change the aspect - leave it at 1.0 (in Acad the aspect less than 1.0 makes it skinnier, but in Dcad less than 1.0 makes it wider). Don't use proportional fonts - stick with the plain-jane Simplex, Roman, RomanT, etc. You might also have to go to TTF - but make sure you're not using a special TTF font that the Acad user may not have or make sure you send the font along with the DWG file.

Good luck!
#64223 by GuyS
Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 pm
OK thanks Alan, appreciate your help! I'm going to try your suggestions with the architect I am collaborating with. I'll post the results.