Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64694 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:00 am
Hi,

I thought I had things set so I always have All Caps in all situations - I have All Caps toggled on in the Text menu, and I have the DcadWin.ini option AllCaps Linked=TRUE. And yet, when I insert a symbol with Text Attributes, the All Caps toggle on the dialog is not on.

Am I missing something? I am now using v16.03.00.12 (SE).
#64695 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:22 am
Neil:

In the [General] section of the INI, add/modify the following key:

Symbol Attribute AllCaps=TRUE

Dave
#64794 by gregg kett
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 pm
hi there guys
while we are talking text does anyone know where to find the list of hotkeys for text symbols ?, I know that " alt 0127 " gives the degree symbol but looking for the centreline and others.
im using roman font if it makes any difference

cheers and thanks
rgs Gregg
#64795 by REX PEET
Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:10 am
Go to pp. 605 & 606 of the Help Manual - there is a list of fonts that support extended characters and the codes on p. 606
#64798 by REX PEET
Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 am
Glad I could help Gregg. I always use ARCWY2HC on drawings which looks trendy and supports extended characters. The other thing to do, to appear intelligent, is to print the extended character code table and glue it to the edge of your monitor. That way, the codes are always ready to hand, so you can look superior to all your chums when they ask you for a code.