Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64941 by Clayton Taylor
Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:49 pm
To all,

FILE SIZE REDUCTION WITH LOTS OF TEXT.

I’ve an A1 drawing with quite a lot of construction notes on one side of the drawing, this text is font type ARCWY2TX. When I save this plan out to pdf file format, it’s 9.977MB, quite a large file size that I didn’t anticipate. I turned the construction notes layer off & saved out again to pdf file format & the file size went down to 1.602MB.

So I was wondering if there are any tricks to reduce this file size down with the construction notes layer back on.??

Over & out,
Clayton.
#64945 by Ted B
Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:27 am
You may want to try convert the font to an .ttf-font.

I read (somewhere) that .PDF recognizes shape-fonts as just individual vector-lines, whereas it saves .ttf as text-and-formatting for compression.
Somewhere recently I found a free .ttf-font for ARCWY2TX, and the other AutoCAD/DataCAD-fonts -- I just forget the site's name at the moment.
#64948 by Nick Pyner
Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:20 am
Ted B wrote:You may want to try convert the font to an .ttf-font.
I found a free .ttf-font for ARCWY2TX, and the other AutoCAD/DataCAD-fonts -

I have them too, and I was wondering what I'm doing with them in my font collection. What a stupid idea they would would be........