Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64992 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:52 pm
Ahhhh just got our new Datacad v17 keys. Thanks Datacad subscription for making it so easy and affordable! It's like, kwel dude.
#65011 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:57 pm
Installed on the desktop AND the laptop, and all paths modified to match my V13/V14/V15/V16 paths!

(Mark M. and Mark T. ... can you PLEASE discuss with Dave how to make the installer grab my custom paths from my previous version installs? It's not a great amount of time, but for each install it's costing me 15~30 minutes to reset each, save, and re-start DC to get them set)
#65013 by Roger D
Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:43 am
Alan, are you doing that from the program?
Can you grab the [Path] area from the .ini file and paste into the new install, should only take seconds.
BTW, I had the same comment for tech support
#65018 by MtnArch
Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:54 pm
Hi Roger -

I had put this to Mark T. when V16 came out, and he suggested NOT doing this. After discussing it with Dave G. last week it sounds as if it may be a fairly easy fix to the installer, but Dave said he doesn't "do" the installer, and that he would pass along the suggestion on how to make it work correctly in the future.