Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66518 by nickrom
Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 am
I brought in 20 photographs (bitmats) into a drawing to show where things were on my existing floor plan. Program will not let me save a pdf of the photo's with photo key. Do I need to bring the bitmats into the file another way? The company I'm drawing for needs this pdf and apparently it's an easy thing to do in Autocad. If you can help me with this I would appreciate it. Thanks
#66539 by nickrom
Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:19 pm
Yes they do. Everything is normal but when I hit enter to save pdf, it works and works and works, then I get a message that it cannot save pdf.
#66540 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:41 pm
You might try installing the Free Bullzip PDF printer driver (http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php) and printing to it. Depending upon the resolution of the bitmaps, you may be overflowing DataCAD's builtin PDF generator.

Dave
#66557 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:34 pm
You see them in the Print Preview then hit [Enter]. This would be the same as selecting Plot.

If you select Save As, then save to a PDF file, does it work then?
#66583 by nickrom
Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:34 pm
Sorry Mark, I meant save as. I've done hundreds of pdf's with datacad. I brought in 20 little photographs, they show up in print preview and when I hit( save as )it doesn't work. Is there something I can do with the photo files before I bring them in? I appreciate your efforts, thanks.
#66587 by MtnArch
Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:12 pm
nickrom wrote:Sorry Mark, I meant save as. I've done hundreds of pdf's with datacad. I brought in 20 little photographs, they show up in print preview and when I hit( save as )it doesn't work. Is there something I can do with the photo files before I bring them in? I appreciate your efforts, thanks.

Depending on how large the photos were to start with (ie. my 16mp camera creates 4~6mb photos) you could try running them through a file reduction program to create smaller files.